Instant Pot BBQ Little Smokies Recipe (Keto)
Try this easy Instant Pot BBQ Little Smokies recipe, which calls for just 2 ingredients. It’s easy to make and is a great appetizer to feed a crowd.
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Love appetizers and party food?
Join the Party Food Favorites community on Facebook. We would love to have you share your favorite recipes (plus get inspired by others). Click to join!
This quick and easy Instant Pot appetizer recipe features America’s favorite – little smokies.
Instant Pot BBQ Little Smokies Ingredients
Can you believe that this keto little smokies recipe only has two ingredients?
All you need is:
- Little Smokies. You can use the Hillshire Farms Lil Smokies brand or whatever you can find at your grocery store. If you’re Canadian, President’s Choice has some.
- G.Hughes Sugar Free BBQ sauce. You can use whatever bbq sauce you prefer, but this one keeps the appetizer low carb and keto friendly.
No ketchup, no jelly, just two simple ingredients to save even more time.
You’ll also need water, as this helps the Instant Pot come to pressure.
What BBQ Sauce to Use
I was worried about regular barbecue sauce burning to the Instant Pot with this recipe, but the sugar-free variety helps with that. The 8 minute cook time and adding the water prevents burning as well.
If you are using your favorite barbecue sauce, make sure you add the water.
The one I used was G.Hughes Original Barbecue Sauce but you can use a sweet, smokey, or even a spicy sauce. You can adjust the flavor to your preference with this easy appetizer recipe.
How to Make Little Smokies in an Instant Pot
This Instant Pot BBQ Little Smokies recipe is the perfect game day food! Tender smokies in an easy barbecue sauce equals a favorite party food!
They’re insanely easy to put together too.
What You Need
You’ll need a pressure cooker of choice: Instant Pot, Ninja Foodi, etc.
The brand doesn’t matter as they should all cook the same.
The little smokies are precooked, so you don’t have to worry serving your guests about raw sausages.
How to Thicken the Sauce
If you want a thicker sauce, you can turn the Instant Pot setting to saute before serving and simmer it down to your desired thickness.
Instant Pot Little Smokies Recipe
You’ll love this recipe for entertaining, toss everything in the Instant Pot and focus on visiting or move on to the next dish.
Serve the Instant Pot lil smokies with these appetizers for your party:
- 3 Ingredient Chili Cheese Dip Recipe
- Easy Cream Cheese Bruschetta Bread Recipe
- Instant Pot Beer Brats (coming soon)
Instant Pot BBQ Little Smokies
This recipe for Instant Pot BBQ Little Smokies make a great party food. It's easy to make and tastes great. They're perfect for potlucks, game days and more...
- 2 packages Little Smokies (500g each)
- 1 1/2 cups G. Hughes Sugar Free BBQ Sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- Place the little smokies into the Instant Pot and top with the BBQ sauce.
- Put on the Instant Pot lid and make sure it's sealed.
- Select manual pressure and set the time to 8 minutes.
- When the Instant Pot is finished cooking and beeps, release the pressure.
- Stir the smokies together and serve. You can keep it on "keep warm", stirring it every so often while you serve it at the party.
The nutrition information isn't always accurate. In this case, it's reading the BBQ sauce as regular BBQ sauce, not sugar-free.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 14 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 92Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 37mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 0gSugar: 22gProtein: 0g
The nutrition information isnt always accurate. In this case, it's reading the BBQ sauce as regular BBQ sauce, not sugar free.