This Thai chili cream cheese board is full of flavor. It’s easy to make and is served beautifully as an appetizer, spread, or dip.
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What’s a Cream Cheese Board?
@partyfoodfavorites Thai Chili Cream Cheese Board. An amazing party dip! #sip #christmastiktok #recipesoftiktok #thaichilisauce #creamcheesedip #creamcheeseboard #butterboard #partyfood ♬ original sound – heyy
Butter boards are trending on TikTok and as delicious as those look, I couldn’t help but think…this would be so much better with cream cheese.
With that, I put together a cream cheese board. You could mix some flavors together with the cream cheese and spread them on a serving platter or you could use plain cream cheese and drizzle herbs, spices, and sauces over top.
With the Thai chili cream cheese board, I did the latter.
Here’s what I used for the Thai chili cream cheese board:
- Cream cheese. You can use full fat or a low fat, whatever your preference is. You can also use a dairy free cream cheese.
- Sweet Thai Chili Sauce. Thai Kitchen is my go-to brand.
- Green onions/scallions. For garnish and some color.
- Dried stir fry noodles. This gives the dip some texture and crunch.
- Toasted sesame seeds. I used both white and black sesame seeds as a garnish.
- Red pepper flakes. If you want to kick up the heat a bit, sprinkle a few over top as another optional garnish.
Let the cream cheese out of the fridge an hour before you prepare the board. This will make it easier to spread on the board. If it comes directly from the fridge it will be too firm.
What to serve with a cream cheese board?
I like to this of this as a dip, so I serve it with dippable foods.
- Raw vegetables (red peppers, carrots, celery, broccoli, cauliflower, peas – whatever veggies are your favorite)
- Tortilla chips
- Sliced up baguette
- Bagel pieces
- Prosciutto or other charcuterie style meats
Supplies for a Cream Cheese Board
Here’s what you’ll need to get started with this twist on the viral butter boards.
- A serving board. I recommend a darker-based wood board so the cream cheese pops. I used a light one in the photos and as you can see, it’s not as eye-catching. You can line the board with some parchment paper if it’s raw wood that’s not sealed. Or another option would be marble.
- Butter knife. To help spread the cream cheese around the board. I also used the back of a spoon.
- Serving knife. This is if you want to “class it up”. A spoon is more than fine here.
Thai Chili Cream Cheese Board
You and your guests are going to love this fun twist on a viral recipe.
It’s so easy to prepare (it’s fast too) that it’s a great last minute appetizer to throw together for unexpected company.
Serve at Christmas parties (along with these Christmas potluck appetizers), or baby showers, or bring it to your weekly The Bachelor viewing party.
To make it is simple:
- Spread the cream cheese in circles around the board
- Drizzle the sweet Thai chili sauce over top
- Top with your garnishes
More cream cheese board ideas:
There’s more you can do than this thai chili cream cheese dip. Here are a few off the top of my head.\
- Roasted garlic and rosemary
- Fig, fresh herbs, and honey
- Apple cinnamon
- Everything bagel seasoning and red onion
- Smoked salmon for a bagel and lox board
Cream cheese is a neutral base so you could add sweet or savory garnishes.
The possibilities are endless and I’m going to explore them all.
More easy dips you’ll love:
If you’re as much of a dip lover as I am, check out the following savory party dips.
Love appetizers and party food?
Join the Party Food Favorites community on Facebook. We would love to have you share your favorite recipes (plus get inspired by others). Click to join!
- 1 8oz cream cheese - see notes
- 1/2 cup sweet Thai Chili Sauce - feel free to add more to your taste
- 1/2 cup chow mein noodles, crushed into smaller pieces
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1-2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Spread the cream cheese over a serving board in circles to try to create a pretty design.
- Drizzle the Thai chili sauce over top. If you want to add more, go at it.
- Sprinkle with the garnishes.
- Serve with veggies, crackers, baguettes, etc.
Remove the cream cheese from the fridge about an hour before you make the board. It will be much easier to spread.
If you're using an unsealed wood serving board, line it with parchment paper for easier cleanup. You will have to hold it with one hand to keep it from slipping.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 144Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 359mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 3g
Nutrition information isn't always accurate.