Holiday Hot Chocolate Stirrers
These candy cane and marshmallow holiday hot chocolate stirrers are a fun little addition to your hot cocoa during the festive season.
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Candy Cane Hot Chocolate Stir Sticks
How cute would these be on Christmas Eve with the kids? I’m making them to gift to my kiddos along with their hot chocolate bombs, Christmas Eve pajamas, and some cute mugs that I’ll grab from the dollar store.
The best party being is once it’s all melted and worked into the hot cocoa, you’ll have candy cane hot chocolate.
Want more ideas on what you can do with the hot chocolate stirrers? Why not have them for a hot chocolate bar or a hot chocolate charcuterie board?
How cute would a hot chocolate bar be with different flavors of hot chocolate, hot cocoa bombs, homemade hot chocolate stir sticks, whipped cream, candy canes, cinnamon, shaved chocolate, and a ton of sprinkles?
Peppermint Stirrers Ingredients
You can make your own hot chocolate stirrers out of the following:
- Regular sized marshmallows if you’re vegan try these ones.
- Mini candy canes
- Chocolate or chocolate candy melts (Candy Melts work best)
In my personal experience, the Candy Melts work best. They set quickly and the chocolate stays hard, so it makes less of a mess. I usually just zap them in the microwave according to the package instructions. They’re quick and easy.
- Parchment Paper
How to make hot chocolate stirrers
You’re going to love how easy it is to make these hot chocolate sticks, they also make great gifts.
More Christmas party food:
- 25 Christmas Charcuterie Boards Perfect for the Holidays
- Easy Gingerbread Reindeer Cookies
- Candy Cane Cheesecake Dip Recipe
What are your Christmas Eve traditions? Do you have hot cocoa nights? Appetizers? Let us know in the comments.
Also, be sure to share your favorite holiday recipes and traditions in the Party Food Favorites Facebook Group. We would love to hear from you.
Holiday Hot Chocolate Stirrers
These hot chocolate stirrers are perfect for the holidays for a festive treat or as a fun gift for holiday parties and hostess gifts.
- 8 Small Candy Canes
- 4 Crushed peppermints (or extra candy canes)
- 8 Marshmallows
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Melts
- Melt the candy melts according to package instructions (in the microwave or double broiler.
- Pierce the flat end of the candy cane into each marshmallow, ensure it will stay standing up.
- Crush up the peppermint in a Ziploc bag (to contain the mess) and put the pieces on a plate.
- Dip the marshmallow into the chocolate, roll it in the crushed peppermints but do not let the mints go on the bottom as it won't stand up.
- Let it set on parchment paper for 20-30 minutes. You can speed up the process but sticking them in the fridge for 15-20 minutes.
If you're gifting them, wrap each hot chocolate stirrer in a cellophane gift bag and tie it with a cute ribbon. You can make a gift tag on your Cricut too.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1105Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 158mgCarbohydrates: 214gFiber: 3gSugar: 152gProtein: 7g