This candy cane cheesecake dip is an easy and delicious dessert dip for the holidays. Serve it at your Christmas party or enjoy it while watching Netflix.
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Candy Cane Dessert Dip
@partyfoodfavorites This is so good #MacysGiftTok #dessertdip #cheesecakedip #holidaycountdown #christmaspartyfood #christmaspartyideas #snacksrecipe ♬ Christmas Bells – StudioKolomna
I love a good dip, but I am a sucker for dessert dip and this peppermint dessert dip hits me in all the Christmas feels.
Christmas Dessert Dip Ingredients
I love how easy this recipe is to throw together. It’s your typical dessert dip ingredients, plus some extracts and candy canes.
- Cream cheese
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Cool Whip (the light variety works great as it’s what I used)
- Peppermint and vanilla extracts
- Candy canes (I used four large ones and crushed them and it was perfect)
- Graham crackers
Dessert dips with Cool Whip are popular but if you don’t like it you could try whipped cream, but just keep in mind I didn’t test the recipe with it. You could also try So Delicious’s Coco Whip (a staple in our home).
What to Dip
The possibilities are endless in what you can dip in this peppermint Christmas dip recipe. Here are some ideas:
- sugar cookies
- graham crackers
- nila wafers
- lady fingers
- Try these Gingerbread Reindeer Cookies
Go the extra mile with the fruit and dip them in white chocolate and then dip them in the dessert dip – wholly yum!
How to Crush Candy Canes
To minimize a mess, I tossed the candy canes in a Ziploc bag and smashed them against my countertop. You could also hit them with a mallet or even the back of a frying pan.
Candy Cane Cheesecake Dip Recipe
What I love the most about this recipe is how easy it is. Simply follow the instructions below and you’ll have this tasty dessert dip in less than 5 minutes.
Tip: make it an hour or two ahead of time, cover, and refrigerate to let the flavors meld together.
You can also see a tutorial of this dip on TikTok over at partyfoodfavorites.
If you’re looking for more holiday recipes check out 25 Christmas Charcuterie Boards Perfect for the Holidays or these super cute Holiday Hot Chocolate Stirrers.
Like dessert dips? Try this Pistachio Cheesecake Dip Recipe.
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- 1/2 cup crushed candy canes (plus extra for garnish)
- 1-2 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs
- In a large bowl mix together the cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk using a hand mixer. Do this for two minutes. Add the extracts and continue beating for an additional two minutes.
- Fold in the cool whip and crushed candy canes. Here's a video on how to fold.
- Transfer the dessert dip into a serving bowl and sprinkle with extra crushed candy canes and the graham cracker crumbs.
- Serve with fruit, graham crackers, or sugar cookies.
Add the peppermint extract 1/2 teaspoon at a time. After a teaspoon taste and adjust it if you think you would like it less minty.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 275Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 127mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 0gSugar: 33gProtein: 5g
These numbers are not 100% accurate and you should also check them for yourself.