Snowman Bark Recipe
If you want an easy Christmas themed sweet snack, you have to make this snowman bark. Kids love it as it’s fun, and moms like me love it because it’s so stinkin’ easy.
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
During the Christmas holidays, it’s nice to have an easy go to dessert that I can go to. With all the hustle and bustle (Christmas parties, kids home from school, yet still working on top of it all) I will hit the easy button every time.
This chocolate snowman bark is just that – simple, easy, and yet super delicious. A little goes a long way as it hits the sweet tooth hard.
Keep it simple like we did here or you can add more pizzaz and extra snowman findings (like scarves, top hats, etc).
Chocolate Snowman Bark Ingredients
- 1 16 oz package of Ghiradelli chocolate melting wafers, roughly two cups.
- 1 cup (8 oz) white candy melting wafers, either Ghiradelli or Wilton
- 8-10 pretzel sticks
- Sprinkles of choice (you can use snow flakes or pretty colors of choice)
- Orange frosting (for the nose)
This recipe was made with Ghiradelli chocolate melting wafers, but if you can’t find them you can go for the Wilton Candy Melts as well.
Ghiradelli Snowman Bark Equipment
- Parchment paper
- Baking sheet
- Microwave Safe Bowl
The baking sheet is to keep the parchment paper stable on a firm surface so the chocolate sets properly without any run offs.
How to Make Easy Snowman Bark
All I have to say as a mom of a toddler is that this is a perfect holiday dessert to have the kids help with. It’s easy, safe, and fun!
Note: if you cannot find orange frosting for the nose, you can cut up candy and use it instead. You’ll want sticky candy like liquorice or some sort of taffy (like Airheads).
More sweet holiday party recipes:
Have you ever made a chocolate based bark before? What’s your go to recipe?
Don’t forget to join the Party Food Favorites community on Facebook. We would love to have you join and share your favorite recipes (and get inspired by others).
Melted Snowman Bark
If you want an easy Christmas themed sweet snack, you have to make this snowman bark. Kids love it as it's fun, and moms like me love it because it's so stinkin' easy. Melt some chocolate, sprinkle some wafers and pretzels and you're done!
- 1 16 oz package of Ghiradelli chocolate melting wafers
- 1 cup white candy melts (or the Ghiradelli brand), 8oz
- 8-10 pretzel sticks
- Orange frosting (buy the pre done variety)
- Fun winter themed sprinkles
- Melt the chocolate wafers according to the package instructions in the microwave.
- Spread the melted chocolate over a parchment lined sheet. This will be the chocolate base so let it spread everywhere, use a spatula if needed.
- Take the white candy melts (you're not melting these) and use the orange frosting to make little carrot noses on top of 4-5 white candy melts.
- Arrange the white candy melts in sets of 3: two without the noses, and the top one with the nose (in shape of a snowman).
- Break the pretzel sticks in half, and use those for the snowman's arms.
- Randomly throw the holiday themed sprinkles around the snowman.
- Let rest for 30 minutes, or until the chocolate hardens. Cut up and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 4850Total Fat: 164gSaturated Fat: 89gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 63gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 3908mgCarbohydrates: 796gFiber: 45gSugar: 413gProtein: 54g