Looking for a fun and delicious Easter appetizer? Try our Bacon Ranch Easter Cheeseball in the shape of an adorable chick! Made with creamy cheese, savory bacon, and zesty ranch seasoning, this cheeseball is the perfect appetizer or snack for your Easter gathering.
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Easter Cheeseball Ingredients
Love appetizers and party food?
Join the Party Food Favorites community on Facebook. We would love to have you share your favorite recipes (plus get inspired by others). Click to join!
What to Serve with a Cheeseball
- Crackers: This is the most traditional accompaniment to a cheeseball. Choose from a variety of crackers such as plain, wheat, or herb-flavored crackers.
- Veggies: Fresh vegetables such as carrot sticks, celery sticks, cherry tomatoes, and cucumber slices make for a healthy and colorful addition to a cheeseball platter.
- Pretzels: Salty pretzels provide a nice contrast to the creamy and rich cheeseball. You can choose from traditional pretzel twists or pretzel sticks.
- Bread: Slices of French bread or baguette can be toasted or grilled for added flavor and texture.
- Chips: You will want to serve a sturdy chip like thicker tortilla chips or pretzel chips.
- Fruit: Fresh fruit such as apple slices, pear slices, and grapes can provide a sweet and refreshing balance to the savory cheeseball.
- Nuts: Roasted nuts like almonds, pecans, and walnuts can add a crunchy texture and nutty flavor to the cheeseball platter.
- Charcuterie: Sliced meats such as salami, prosciutto, and ham can be served alongside the cheeseball for a more substantial snack. Need some charcuterie ideas? Here are some unique charcuterie board ideas.
FAQs This Easter Cheeseball Recipe
How to Make an Easter Chick Cheeseball
In a large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese and ranch seasoning until evenly mixed. Add 1 cup of shredded cheese and bacon to the bowl, and stir until well combined.
Scoop the cheese mixture onto a sheet of plastic wrap, and shape it into a ball.
Roll the ball in the remaining cup of shredded cheddar cheese, pressing gently to ensure it adheres to the surface.
Flatten the top of the cheese ball slightly to form the shape of a chick’s body. Optional step: at this point, I will gently wrap it back up and add it to the fridge to firm up for 30 – 60 minutes.
Transfer the cheese ball onto a serving plate or cutting board to prepare for decorating.
Place two slices of olives on the cheese ball to create the eyes, pressing gently to secure them.
Cut a baby carrot in half, and use one of the halves as a nose, pressing it gently onto the cheese ball.
Insert three baby carrots on each side of the bottom of the cheese ball to form the feet.
Cut a cracker in half, and insert each half into the side of the cheese ball to create wings.
Serve the bacon ranch Easter cheeseball chick immediately or chill until ready to serve, and offer crackers, vegetables, or other dippers as accompaniments.
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 16 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 6 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 package ranch seasoning mix
- 7 baby carrot for chick’s beak and feet
- 1 Black olive, sliced for the eyes
- 1 round cracker, cut in half, for chick’s wings
- In a large bowl, mix together softened cream cheese and ranch seasoning until evenly combined.
- Add 1 cup of finely shredded cheddar cheese and real bacon pieces to the bowl, and stir well.
- Place the cheese mixture onto a sheet of plastic wrap, and shape it into a ball.
- Roll the cheese ball in the remaining cup of shredded cheddar cheese, gently pressing the cheese to the surface to adhere.
- Flatten the top of the cheese ball slightly to create the shape of a chick's body. Optional step: I like to loosely wrap it back up and put it in the fridge to harden for 30-60 minutes.
- Transfer the cheese ball to a serving platter or cutting board for decoration.
- Add two slices of olives to the cheese ball for the eyes, pressing gently to attach.
- Cut a baby carrot in half, and use one half for the nose, pressing it onto the cheese ball.
- Insert three baby carrots on each side of the bottom of the cheese ball for the feet.
- Cut a round cracker in half, and insert each half into the cheese ball for wings.
- Serve the bacon ranch Easter cheeseball chick immediately, or refrigerate until ready to serve. Include crackers and vegetables on the serving plate.
Serve it with
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 250Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 64mgSodium: 538mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 9g