These mini chocolate pies with Oreo crust are so easy to make thanks to the no bake chocolate filling. Every party should have a little chocolate.
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Mini Chocolate Pies
As a host, serving up dessert tends to take you out of the celebration and back in the kitchen preparing, cutting, and plating with a pretty and presented slice.
That’s why I love these mini pies. They’re a single-serve dessert that your guests can grab and add toppings to themselves.
This recipe has dairy-free and gluten-free options as well (the base is full fat coconut milk and it’s easy to modify the rest to work for your diet and lifestyle).
To make these oreo chocolate tarts, you’ll need the following:
- Oreo cookies – if you’re gluten free you can use Catalina Crunch for a gluten-free vegan option.
- Butter (or coconut oil, dairy-free butter if needed)
The oreo crust is a crumbly cookie crust (it doesn’t make a dough) that resembles more of a tart vs a pie, either way, it’s delicious and a great dessert to make for a crowd.
The mini tart pans used were 4″ round and .75″ high.
Chocolate Ganache Filling:
- dark chocolate chips (dairy-free if vegan)
- full-fat canned coconut milk
- unsalted butter (dairy-free if vegan)
- pure vanilla extract
This pie filling has no eggs or egg yolks, no cornstarch needed! Just simple ingredients. Simply heat the coconut milk and butter in a saucepan over medium heat and pour over the chocolate chips, followed by a teaspoon vanilla extract, and stir. It only takes a few minutes!
Mini Chocolate Tart Toppings:
- Fresh fruit
- Powdered sugar
- Chopped nuts
- Flaky sea salt
- Whipped cream (Coco Whip for a dairy free option)
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Chocolate shavings
- Toasted coconut
There are plenty of fun options for toppings, my favorites are whipped cream with shaved chocolate, toasted coconut, and raspberries.
How Long to Set No Bake Chocolate Tarts
The total time it takes to make this recipe depends on whether or not you use the fridge or freezer to set the filling.
- First, you’re going to set the oreo cookie crust by sticking it in the freezer after you press it into the pan. Total prep time of 20 minutes.
- While it’s freezing, you can prep the filling mixture (make sure you use a whisk, it’s easier).
- If you set the tarts/pies in the freezer, they should be ready after about 30 minutes of freezing time.
- To set the mini chocolate pies in the fridge, it will take longer. About two hours.
How to Make Mini Chocolate Pies
This easy cookies and cream dessert was a huge hit with the kids (I mean, isn’t all sugar?) they loved the packed punch of chocolate flavor surrounded by the cookie crust.
It was a two-in-one for them and it felt like a special treat (that didn’t take much effort to make).
My son said it made him think of fancy chocolate pudding in a cookie bowl.
But I mean, let’s be honest here, you can’t go wrong with an oreo cookie dessert.
More desserts here on Party Food Favorites:
What’s your favorite chocolate dessert? Let us know in the comments.
- 16 Oreo cookies (or similar style cookie sandwich - we used Catalina Crunch for a gluten-free vegan option)
- 3 tablespoons butter (or coconut oil, dairy-free butter if vegan - we use Miyokos)
Chocolate Ganache Filling:
- 10 ounces dark chocolate chips (dairy-free if vegan)
- 1 cup full-fat canned coconut milk
- ¼ cup butter (dairy-free if vegan)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Combine the Oreo cookies and butter in a food processor and process until a fine crumb is formed. Press the crumb mixture into the bottom and sides of 4 mini tart pans. Transfer to the freezer for 20 minutes while you prepare the filling.
- Place the chocolate chips in a large heat-safe bowl. In a medium pot, combine the coconut milk and butter. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and pour over the chocolate. Let sit for 5 minutes without stirring.
- Add the vanilla extract to the chocolate and mix well. Divide the mixture between the tart pans. Transfer back to the freezer or refrigerator just until set, about 30 minutes in the freezer or 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- To serve, top with fresh fruit, nuts, and/or powdered sugar if desired.
The tart pan size is 4" in circumference and .75" high.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1077Total Fat: 68gSaturated Fat: 40gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 59mgSodium: 530mgCarbohydrates: 116gFiber: 8gSugar: 87gProtein: 8g