Spicy Buffalo Popcorn Seasoning is a unique addition to snack time. The spice mixture can also be used in other dishes like vegetables or chicken.
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Love appetizers and party food?
Join the Party Food Favorites community on Facebook. We would love to have you share your favorite recipes (plus get inspired by others). Click to join!
@partyfoodfavorites Spice up your popcorn with this spicy buffalo popcorn seasoning. #popcorn🍿 #popcornseasoning #buffalochicken #buffaloseasoning #spicyfood #spicypopcorn #snackrecipe ♬ love on the brain sped up – xxtristanxo
Buffalo Popcorn Seasoning Ingredients
To make this easy buffalo wing popcorn seasoning, you’ll only need 6 ingredients:
- Garlic powder.
- Ranch dressing mix. You’ll want to buy the powdered ranch mix, I used the Club House brand.
- Paprika. I used regular paprika, but smoked will work if that’s what you have on hand.
- Cayenne pepper powder. Note, if you have littles eating this or you don’t like spicy foods, use less. This was pretty spicy.
How to Make Buffalo Wing Seasoning
Making this homemade seasoning takes no time at all.
- Simply add all the ingredients to a small jar (I used a mason jar) and shake.
- You can also add everything to a small bowl and whisk well with a fork.
- Then, when you want to top your popcorn, sprinkle a little buffalo wing flavor over top.
I like to serve it over with buttered popcorn so the seasoning has something to stick to.
It’s a great way to further season a tasty low calorie snack. Plus it’s gluten-free (just double-check the ranch dressing packet you buy).
How long does popcorn seasoning last?
This recipe will last a few weeks in an air-tight container.
At the very least, check the expiration date on the packet of ranch dressing mix and write it down on the jar you store the spicy popcorn seasoning in. Throw it out before the expiration date.
Give it a good shake before you use it. There are roughly 4 uses in the jar, depending on how much popcorn you make.
Spicy Buffalo Popcorn Seasoning Recipe
Whether you want to kick up store-bought popcorn (like Boom Chicka Pop or Skinny Pop) or make air-popped popcorn from scratch, adding this buffalo popcorn seasoning is a tasty way to bring a ton of flavor to a favorite treat.
Buffalo chicken popcorn seasoning would be a great addition to game day, offer up a popcorn bar with a variety of seasonings with a large bowl of popcorn.
Be sure to use this seasoning in this Buffalo Cauliflower Popcorn recipe.
Looking for more easy party snacks that pack a punch? Give these a try:
- 3 Ingredient Pretzel Bites (No Self Rising Flour)
- Redneck Nachos (Ole Red Copycat)
- Easy Cinnamon Sugar Pretzel Bites (No Yeast)
- 2 tablespoons ranch dressing powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper powder, use less for less spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Add all the ingredient to a small jar (like a mini mason jar), put on the lid in shake.
- or add everything to a small bowl and stir well.
- Sprinkle over the popcorn.
Check the expiration date of the ranch dressing mix packet and write it down. Throw out the popcorn seasoning before then, if you use it all before then.
This is pretty spicy, if you're making it for kids or you're sensitive, start with 1/2 teaspoon and work your up.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 54Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 600mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 1g